The Grab Bag II
Here's another chance for you to test your wits with an assortment of questions in a number of categories. Get out your encyclopedias and take a crack at:
Trivia Challenge 5.02: The Grab Bag II
1. John Glenn first orbited the Earth in what year?
A. 1962 C. 1961
B. 1963 D. 1960
2. How many feet make up one fathom?
A. 5 C. 10
B. 6 D. 14
3. The Aswan Dam was completed in what year?
A. 1970 C. 1964
B. 1949 D. 1957
4. How long is a cubit?
A. One-half meter C. One Yard
B. 18 Inches D. One Parsec
5. Who was the last Major League ballplayer to hit .400?
A. George Brett C. Rod Carew
B. George Sisler D. Ted Williams
6. What is the name of the Taco Bell Chihuahua?
A. Borders C. Dinky B. Raul D. Checkers
7. Which city is farthest west?
A. San Diego C. Los Angeles
B. Reno D. Walla Walla
8. Who is the author of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy?"
A. Carl Sagan C. Ray Bradbury
B. Isaac Asimov D. Douglas Adams
9. What is the name of our sponsor Small Dog Electronics' Pomeranian?
A. Hammerli C. Goldie B. Hooper D. Patra
10. Who is the only President to actually report seeing a UFO?
A. Reagan C. Carter
B. Bush D. Truman
11. In which state is "Jousting" the official state sport?
A. Maryland C. South Carolina
B. Utah D. Delaware
12. How many points does it take to win a game of Cribbage?
A. 95 C. 100
B. 121 D. 110
13. Who won the 1998 National Collegiate Basketball Championship?
A. Duke C. Kentucky14. In order to bowl a perfect score of 300 in the game of Ten Pins, how many strikes in a row must you throw?
B. North Carolina D. Kansas
A. 15 C. 10
B. 11 D. 12
15. What was the development nickname for the Macintosh PowerBook 3400 series computer?
A. Vincent C. Hooper B. Lombard D. Wall Street
Each question has only one correct answer. The answers are stored in a hermetically sealed envelope guarded by a fierce Lhasa Apso named "Hammerli" who lives in our house.
1. For what agency of the federal government has Byers worked?
B. The FCC
2. Who was the "invisible" former Green Beret in the episode "Unrequited"?
C. Nathaniel Teager
3. What does the UFO poster in Mulder's office say?
B. I Want To Believe
4. Before the X-Files, for what unit of the FBI did Mulder work?
A. Behavioral Sciences Unit
5. What brand of cellular phone does Mulder favor?
6. What actor plays Alex Krycek, aka "Ratboy"?
A. Nicholas Lea
7. In the X-Files pilot, where did Mulder and Scully go to investigate their first case together?
C. Bellefleur, Oregon
8. A.D. Skinner served in Viet Nam in what branch of the service?
9. Who was Mulder's informant from the U.N.?
C. Marita Covarrubias
10. Who killed Duane Barry?
B. Alex Krycek
11. In the episode "Piper Maru," what was the name of the WWII submarine?
B. Zeus Faber
12. Who brought Scully to Skyland Mountain?
A. Duane Barry
13. Who originally owned the dog given to Scully by Clyde Bruckman?
C. Mrs. Lowe
14. Where did Mulder and The Lone Gunman first meet?
15. What rock'n'roll star was Clyde Bruckman's favorite?
C. The Big Bopper
The best live album of all time that you've probably never heard--"McCartney Unplugged--The Official Bootleg" by Paul McCartney (A limited pressing album of his MTV Unplugged performance. A must-have for Beatles fans!)
Copyright © 1999 Edward Goss, email@example.com.
Also in This Series
- Answers to “Fun With Numbers” · February 2001
- Fun With Numbers · January 2001
- Match-up Madness · December 2000
- VPs if You Please · November 2000
- TV Times · October 2000
- Crack The Code · September 2000
- Sibling Search · August 2000
- Sports Shorts · July 2000
- Didn’t I Know You When? · June 2000
- Complete Archive