Time Line Teaser
This is the latest in ATPM’s series of Trivia Challenges. Answers to this month’s Trivia Challenge will be found in the next issue of ATPM. If you have any suggestions for future Trivia Challenges, or wish to comment about almost anything, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We had no winners in last month’s Trivia Challenge 5.07—Grab Bag III. Try again!
This month’s prize is the fabulous new ATPM t-shirt! The ultra-cool, 100% cotton t-shirt emblazoned with the ATPM logo on the front and our Logo and Motto on the back goes to the first two correct entries I receive. Send your answers to email@example.com. All readers are eligible to win once every twelve months.
Match the historical events on the left with the years in which they occurred as you test your historical knowledge with:
Trivia Challenge 5.08—Time Line Teaser
1. Apple Computer introduces the PowerPC chip. A. 1814
2. Jocelyn Elders is appointed Surgeon General. B. 1845
3. The rock musical “Hair” opens on Broadway. C. 1920
4. The E-zine “About This Particular Macintosh” D. 1922
5. The TV show “Seinfeld” airs the controversial E. 1927
episode “The Contest.”
6. Don Larson pitches a perfect game in The World F. 1941
7. Bill Tilden becomes the first American to win G. 1956
8. Independence Day is declared a national holiday H. 1961
in the U.S.
9. Charles Lindbergh makes his epic New York to I. 1968
10. Henry David Thoreau moves to Walden Pond. J. 1978
11. The movie “Star Wars” is first shown in theaters. K. 1979
12. British soldiers invade Washinton, D.C. and burn L. 1992
down what is now known as “The White House.”
13. The Cable TV network ESPN debuts. M. 1993
14. King Tut’s Tomb is discovered. N. 1994
15. President John Kennedy commits The United States O. 1995
to landing a man on the Moon.
Last Month’s Answers 5.07—The Grab Bag III
1. How many bones are there in a cat’s body?
2. Who is Stargate SG-1’s friendly Ja’fa?
3. Who programmed the game “Apeiron” for Ambrosia Software?
A. Andrew Welch
4. What horse last won the Triple Crown?
5. Who is Shmi’s grandson?
6. Troops from what country were the first peacekeeping
force to enter Kosovo?
7. The Texas-Oklahoma border is mostly defined by what feature?
A. The Red River
8. The Box Tops and Big Star shared what lead singer?
C. Alex Chilton
9. What are the inhabitants of Monaco called?
10. Who is Superman’s father?
11. SETI@Home work units are approximately what size?
12. In what year was the Lincoln Memorial dedicated?
13. Whose voice was featured in Apple’s first four “Think Different”
C. Richard Dreyfuss
14. Who hit “The shot heard ’round the world”?
D. Robby Thompson
15. What TV network first aired The Pirates Of Silicon Valley?
Each question has only one correct answer. The answers are stored in a hermetically sealed envelope guarded by a fierce Lhasa Apso named “Hammerli” who lives in our house.
This Month’s CD Recommendation
“ Stolen Moments ” by John Hiatt—Although I can say with absolute certainty that there is no such thing as a bad John Hiatt album, this would be a good place to start your collection. The best songwriter in rock music!
Also in This Series
- Answers to “Fun With Numbers” · February 2001
- Fun With Numbers · January 2001
- Match-up Madness · December 2000
- VPs if You Please · November 2000
- TV Times · October 2000
- Crack The Code · September 2000
- Sibling Search · August 2000
- Sports Shorts · July 2000
- Didn’t I Know You When? · June 2000
- Complete Archive